Welcome to the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign! The Pre-Arrival Orientations provide students with information about arrival to campus, immigration, campus resources, academics, and safety to help ease their transition to the university.
The Pre-Arrival Orientations will be offered virtually via Zoom. If you have registered for the event, you will receive a Zoom invite link for the date and time you selected via your university email account.
Please be advised that all sessions will be recorded and that all chat messages are public to the hosts (even if you mark the chat as 'Private'). We encourage you to review Zoom's legal and privacy policies.
2021 Presentation Schedule
- Immigration Information
- SHIELD Team
- University Housing
- Billing & Finances
- McKinley Health Center
- Student Health Insurance
- Campus Safety
- Office of the Dean of Students
- Breakout Sessions: Undergraduate & Graduate Academics
- Orientation & Arrival to Campus
Frequently Asked Questions
You can watch the presentations/Q&A sessions in this Box folder (no login required).Watch the Recordings!
Information continues to change rapidly. We encourage all students to refer to the following websites for the latest information and updates.
- COVID-19: https://covid19.illinois.edu/
- International Student and Scholar Services: https://isss.illinois.edu/
- Graduate College: https://grad.illinois.edu/
- McKinley Health Center: https://www.mckinley.illinois.edu/
- Office of the Dean of Students: https://odos.illinois.edu
- Student Health Insurance: https://si.illinois.edu/
- Undergraduate Academics: https://illinois.edu/academics/academics.html
- Undergraduate Admissions: https://admissions.illinois.edu/
- University Bursar: https://paymybill.uillinois.edu/
- University Housing: https://housing.illinois.edu/
- University of Illinois Police Department: https://police.illinois.edu/
Zoom is a video conferencing software that provides meeting and webinar functionality for enhanced learning and collaboration among students, faculty, staff and research partners. Zoom is a commonly used tool at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign.
Students who have registered for the event will receive a Zoom invite link for their selected date and time via their university email account.
Logging In & Start Time
When you log-in to Zoom, you will be placed in a waiting room. At the event start time, you will be let into the main room by the event host. Your microphone will be muted and your camera will be turned off upon entry. Please keep your microphone muted and your camera off throughout the event.
Presentations & Breakout Rooms
Representatives from the university will each present on their topic (see schedule above) covering relevant information for new international students. Students will be broken out into smaller rooms by academic level (undergrad and grad) for academic specific information.
Participants will be able to utilize the Zoom chat feature to ask questions of the presenters. Specific Q&A time has been allotted for each block of presentations.
The session will run for approximately two hours.
If you have registered for the event, you will receive a Zoom invite link for the date and time you selected via your university email account. First, we ask that you check your university email inbox and spam folder for the message. If you still do not find the email, please contact email@example.com.
Unfortunately, we are unable to switch your session. Recordings and presentations from all four events will be made available on this website in July.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with additional questions.