Scheduling an appointment
We are committed to providing high-quality advising services to our international students, faculty, staff, and scholars.
Consult ISSS first
Sometimes you will obtain information from friends, family, and various websites. Although this may be convenient, it is possible that the information may not apply to your specific situation. Please contact ISSS first for all immigration concerns and questions.
To schedule an appointment with a student advisor:
- Call 217.333.1303, ext. 1
- Stop by the Student branch in-person: 432 Student Services Building (610 E. John St. Champaign) (Foot traffic suspended until further notice)
- Use the Online Scheduling system to book an appointment (Service unavailable until further notice)
What are the appointment times for students?
Appointments are scheduled for 30 minutes and are available Monday to Friday at the following times:
- Mornings: 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (last appointment begins at 11:30)
- Afternoons: 1:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. (last appointment begins at 3:30)
- Important Notes
- The Online Appointment Scheduling system may not show all availabilities for advisors. If you are unable to find a time slot using the system, please call or stop by the Student branch to inquire about additional availabilities.
- Phone appointments are available for students who are currently not on campus and must be scheduled by calling 217.333.1303, ext. 1. We are unable to take appointments via Skype.
- Advising appointments are also available for spouses and families of international students regarding immigration, cultural, social, and educational needs. When scheduling an appointment, please indicate this as the reason for the appointment.
- Response Team
A walk-in advisor is available during the following times for emergencies and time-sensitive situations without a scheduled appointment:
- 9:00am - 12:00 noon
- 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Faculty, Staff & Scholars
To schedule an appointment with a scholar advisor:
- Call 217.333.1303, ext. 2
- Visit the Scholar branch in-person: 327 International Studies Building (910 S. Fifth St. Champaign) (Foot traffic suspended until further notice)