Scheduling an appointment
We are committed to providing high-quality advising services to our international students, faculty, staff, and scholars.
IMPORTANT: ISSS is currently closed to foot traffic. To schedule an appointment with ISSS, please review the appropriate section below. Appointments will be held virtually during this time (phone, Zoom, etc.).
Consult ISSS first
Sometimes you will obtain information from friends, family, and various websites. Although this may be convenient, it is possible that the information may not apply to your specific situation. Please contact ISSS first for all immigration concerns and questions.
To schedule an appointment with a student advisor:
- Call 217.333.1303, ext. 1
- Stop by the Student branch in-person: 432 Student Services Building (610 E. John St. Champaign) -- Foot traffic suspended until further notice
- Use the Online Scheduling system to book an appointment -- Service unavailable until further notice
What are the appointment times for students?
Appointments are scheduled for 30 minutes and are available Monday to Friday at the following times:
- Mornings: 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (last appointment begins at 11:30)
- Afternoons: 1:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. (last appointment begins at 3:30)
- Important Notes
- The Online Appointment Scheduling system may not show all availabilities for advisors. If you are unable to find a time slot using the system, please call or stop by the Student branch to inquire about additional availabilities.
- Phone appointments are available for students who are currently not on campus and must be scheduled by calling 217.333.1303, ext. 1.
- Advising appointments are also available for spouses and families of international students regarding immigration, cultural, social, and educational needs. When scheduling an appointment, please indicate this as the reason for the appointment.
- Response Team
A walk-in advisor is available during the following times for emergencies and time-sensitive situations without a scheduled appointment:
- 9:00am - 12:00 noon
- 1:00pm - 4:00pm
- Advising Queue
- The Advising Queue offers students the opportunity to meet with an ISSS advisor for Express Advising or Time Zone Advising, to ask questions and discuss concerns for 10-15 minutes without scheduling an appointment.
- Express Advising is offered on Mondays and Tuesdays from 1:00pm - 3:00pm.
- Time Zone Advising is offered on Thursdays from 8:00pm - 10:00pm to accommodate those students for whom it is more convenient to meet outside of normal business hours.
- Students can access the Advising Queue system at the times indicated by visiting this link: https://go.illinois.edu/isssq
Faculty, Staff & Scholars
To schedule an appointment with a scholar advisor:
- Call 217.333.1303, ext. 2
- Visit the Scholar branch in-person: 327 International Studies Building (910 S. Fifth St. Champaign) -- Foot traffic suspended until further notice