ISSS processing fees are interdepartmental fees paid by campus units to ISSS. These fee amounts are available to departmental contact people.
Checks for USCIS filing fees should be payable to Department of Homeland Security.
USCIS Filing Fees
For the most commonly used applications paid for by the University.
- $460 for petition filing fee (new H-1Bs and H-1B extensions)
- $500 anti-fraud fee for new employment (new H-1Bs only)
- $1,440 premium processing fee (optional expedite request, sometimes payable by the employee)
*Note: effective October 2, 2020, the H-1B filing fee will be increased to $555
- $56 cash if obtaining initial or renewed TN upon entry from Canada (payable by employee)
- $460 filing fee if applying or extending by mail rather than reentry
*Note: effective October 2, 2020, the TN filing fee will be increased to $695
Legal Permanent Residency (LPR)
- Attorney’s fees vary & will be determined after application is reviewed
- $700 I-140 filing fee
- $1,440 for premium processing (optional expedite request, sometimes payable by the employee)
*Note: effective October 2, 2020, the I-140 filing fee will be decreased to $555
NOTE: University checks should NOT be issued for I-485 Adjustment of Status fees ($1,140) or I-539 Change of Status fees ($370). These are personal fees which must be paid by the employee.
*Note: effective October 2, 2020, the I-485 Adjustment of Status fee will be decreased to $1,130 and the I-539 Change of Status fee will be increased to $390 (for online filing) or $400 (for paper filing).