Getting to Champaign-Urbana
- The University of Illinois Willard Airport (Airport Code: CMI) serves the Champaign-Urbana area.
- AMTRAK has service between downtown Chicago and Champaign.
- University of Illinois O'Hare to Urbana-Champaign Shuttle Service - service provided by ISSS for new incoming international students. This shuttle service will run from August 12-16, 2016 and the cost is $35 per person. (Fall semester ONLY)
- Peoria Charter serves many different locations including both Chicago airports (O'Hare and Midway), Union Station in Chicago and a number of Chicago suburbs.
- Greyhound has daily service between downtown Chicago and Champaign.
Getting to University of Illinois Campus from the Local Bus Station or Airport
- Illini Shuttle provides service between Chicago and Champaign and will pick up and/or drop off students at the O'Hare International Airport in Chicago.
Use the following public transportation to arrive on campus from Willard Airport or the Illinois Terminal (train/bus depot in downtown Champaign):
MTD (Champaign-Urbana Mass Transit District). From Willard Airport, take the 27/270 Air Bus on weekdays and Saturdays. At Willard, there is no need to pay a fare. This route takes you directly to the University of Illinois campus including the Illini Union. You can connect at Illinois Terminal to several high-frequency routes which operate seven days a week and serve campus including the Yellow, Green, and Teal.
NOTE: This service will no longer be available after August 31, 2015
- Group taxi services cost an average of $8 per person. If you are not part of a group, the average cost for a taxi is $15. You may ask an airport or Illinois Terminal employee for assistance. Be sure to agree on your cab fare amount before leaving for your destination.
For more information on local transportation options, check out the Champaign County Convention and Visitor's Bureau's transportation page and the University of Illinois' Facilities and Services page.