Getting to Champaign-Urbana
- The University of Illinois Willard Airport (Airport Code: CMI) serves the Champaign-Urbana area.
- AMTRAK has service between downtown Chicago and Champaign.
- Illini Shuttle provides service between Chicago and Champaign and will pick up and/or drop off students at both Chicago airports (O’Hare and Midway).
- Mega-Bus is best suited for the confident traveler. A connecting train will be required from the airport to Union Station downtown Chicago. Only one piece of luggage per passenger is allowed.
- Greyhound has daily service between downtown Chicago and Champaign.
Getting to University of Illinois Campus from the Local Bus Station or Airport
- EAC Shuttle provides service between Chicago (O'Hare) and Champaign-Urbana.
- Peoria Charter serves many different locations including Bloomington Airport as well as Chicago O'Hare
Use the following public transportation to arrive on campus from Willard Airport or the Illinois Terminal (train/bus depot in downtown Champaign):
- MTD (Champaign-Urbana Mass Transit District). From Willard Airport, take the Air Bus. From the Illinois Terminal, several routes go to the campus region including the Yellow, Green, and Teal lines.
- Group taxi services cost an average of $8 per person. If you are not part of a group, the average cost for a taxi is $15. You may ask an airport or Illinois Terminal employee for assistance. Be sure to agree on your cab fare amount before leaving for your destination.
For more information on local transportation options, check out the Champaign County Convention and Visitor's Bureau's transportation page and the University of Illinois' Facilities and Services page.