scheduling an appointment
IMPORTANT - Fall 2018
ISSS is no longer scheduling appointments for the Fall 2018 semester at this time. If your issue is not time-sensitive or urgent, we encourage you to consider scheduling an appointment in Spring 2019. We will resume scheduling appointments starting the week of January 7th.
For urgent situations, please call or stop by the ISSS office.
The Online Scheduling system is currently closed and will be available again starting the week of January 28.
How do I schedule an appointment with a student advisor?
- call (217) 333-1303
- stop by the ISSS office in-person
- use the Online Scheduling system to book an appointment
Phone appointments are available for students who are currently not on-campus. We are unable to take appointments via Skype at this time.
The Online Appointment Scheduling system may not show complete appointment availabilities. If you are unable to find a time using the system, please call or stop by ISSS to schedule an appointment.
**** Please note that Online Scheduling system is only available to international students at this time. International faculty, staff and scholars should call the Faculty, Staff and Scholar Office directly to schedule an appointment.****
what are your appointment times?
Monday to Friday
Morning -- 10:00am - 12 noon (last appointment begins at 11:30am)
Afternoon -- 1:30pm - 4:00pm (last appointment begins at 3:30pm)
How long is an appointment scheduled for?
Generally 30 minutes.
ISSS Response Team
A walk-in advisor is available for emergencies and time-sensitive situations. During these hours, an ISSS advisor will be able to meet students without a scheduled appointment.
9:00am - 12 noon
1:00pm - 4:00pm
Students with emergencies outside of these times can still call or visit ISSS for assistance.
- Consult ISSS first for all immigration concerns and questions
- Sometimes you will obtain information from friends, family, and various websites. Although this may be convenient, it is possible that the information may not apply to your specific situation. Never hesitate to set up an appointment with an ISSS advisor.
- Advising appointments are also available for spouses and families of international students regarding immigration, cultural, social, and educational needs. When scheduling an appointment, please indicate this as the reason for the appointment.
faculty, staff, and scholars
How do I schedule an appointment with a Scholar advisor?
Please call or stop by the Faculty, Staff, and Scholar Office