scheduling an appointment
ATTENTION: Appointments with ISSS student advisors will not be available from August 12-23 due to new student events. If you are experiencing an emergency or have a time-sensitive situation, please contact ISSS or stop by our office.
How do I schedule an appointment with a student advisor?
- call (217) 333-1303
- stop by the ISSS office in-person
- use the Online Scheduling system to book an appointment
- The Online Appointment Scheduling system may not show complete appointment availabilities for advisors. If you are unable to find a time slot using the system, please call or stop by the ISSS office to inquire about additional available times.
- Phone appointments are available for students who are currently not on campus. We do not schedule appointments via Skype at this time.
**Please note that the Online Scheduling system is only available to international students at this time. International faculty, staff and scholars should call the Faculty, Staff and Scholar Office directly to schedule an appointment.**
what are ISSS appointment times?
Monday to Friday
Morning -- 10:00am - 12 noon (last appointment begins at 11:30am)
Afternoon -- 1:30pm - 4:00pm (last appointment begins at 3:30pm)
How long is an appointment?
Generally 30 minutes.
ISSS Response Team
A walk-in advisor is available for emergencies and time-sensitive situations. During these hours, an ISSS advisor will be able to meet students without a scheduled appointment.
9:00am - 12:00 noon
1:00pm - 4:00pm
Students with emergencies outside of these times can still call or visit ISSS for assistance.
- Consult ISSS first for all immigration concerns and questions
- Sometimes you will obtain information from friends, family, and various websites. Although this may be convenient, it is possible that the information may not apply to your specific situation. Please consider contacting ISSS for further information and clarification about your situation.
- Advising appointments are also available for spouses and families of international students regarding immigration, cultural, social, and educational needs. When scheduling an appointment, please indicate this as the reason for the appointment.
faculty, staff, and scholars
How do I schedule an appointment with a Scholar advisor?
Please call or stop by the Faculty, Staff, and Scholar Office