ISSS essay contest 2015
“The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.”
– Marcel Proust
When you chose to study at Illinois, were you excited about the idea of “discovery”? What did you think you would find out about yourself? What do you know now that you didn’t know back then? If you restarted your journey knowing what you know now, what would you do differently?
In honor of International Education Week (April 6-10), we invite you to participate in the ISSS Essay Contest. To enter, please submit a short essay (500-750 words) answering the prompt above. Prizes will be awarded to first and second place, and your essay will be published in the ISSS blog.
- Deadline to enter: April 1, 2015 at 11:59pm
- Contest is open to all international students
- Please include your name, UIN, major, year of program, and home country in your submission.
- All submissions must include a title; submissions without a title may be disqualified.
- Entrants must include Ownership Agreement Form with submission
- Only one submission per entrant
- Submissions must be unpublished, original essays. Please do not submit essays which have been used in coursework or elsewhere. Essays must be typed and double-spaced. Plagiarized essays will be disqualified.
- All submissions meeting the requirements will be evaluated by a panel of judges.
- Winners will be notified via email by April 6, 2015.
Winner: Juyoung Leem, South Korea
Honorable mention: Jia-Fen Li, Taiwan