Making an appointment
To make an appointment with ISSS, please call (217) 333-1303, stop by the ISSS office, or use our Online Schedule Tool to book an appointment. Phone appointments are available for students who are currently not on-campus. We are unable to take appointments via Skype at this time.
**** Please note that this tool is only available to international students. International faculty, staff and scholars should call the Faculty, Staff and Scholar Office directly to schedule an appointment.****
Monday through Friday
10:00am - 11:30am
1:30pm - 3:30pm
A walk-in advisor is also available for emergencies.
- Consult ISSS first for all immigration concerns and questions
- Sometimes you will obtain information from friends, family, and various websites. Although this may be convenient, it is possible that the information may not apply to your specific situation. Never hesitate to set up an appointment with an ISSS advisor.
- ISSS offers thirty minute long one-on-one advising sessions to address your specific circumstances and questions. Appointments can be in person or over the phone.
- Walk-in advising is designed for when you have urgent questions regarding your immigration status. During these hours, an ISSS advisor will be able to meet with you without a scheduled appointment.
- Advising appointments are available for spouses and families of international students regarding immigration, cultural, social, and educational needs.